GOVERNMENT OF ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
NATURAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT – REHABILITATION AND RECONSTRUCTION
(HURRICANE TOMAS/NORTH WINDWARD) CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE POSITION OF PROJECT ENGINEER
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Government of St. Vincent and The Grenadines has received financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) in an amount equivalent to US$ 12.622 million (mn) towards the cost of the Natural Disaster Management – Rehabilitation and Reconstruction (Hurricane Tomas/North Windward) Project and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under a contract for which this invitation is issued. Payments by CDB will be made only at the request of GOSVG and upon approval by CDB, and will be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the Financing Agreement. The Financing Agreement prohibits withdrawal from the financing account for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than GOSVG shall derive any rights from the Financing Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Financing.
The Ministry of Transport and Works (MTW), the Executing Agency, now wishes to procure consultancy services from eligible individuals for the position of Project Engineer in the Project Team established under the Project.
The expected outcome of the Project is the reduction of risks associated with landslide and flood hazards.
The Project Engineer will be assigned exclusively to the Project and will mainly be responsible for assisting the Project Coordinator (PC) with the implementation of the infrastructure works. His/her duties will include, but will not be limited to, assisting PC with:
- The supervision of the engineering consultants, including review of the monthly reports prepared by the Engineering Consultants;
- The management and administration of the construction contracts; and
- Preparation of the requisite project reports for submission to CDB.
Prospective candidates must be civil engineers with a minimum of the following qualifications:
- A Masters Degree or equivalent in a civil engineering discipline, Project Management, Construction Management or related subject together with a minimum of five years experience in engineering design and supervision, including road works, or project implementation;or
- A Bachelors Degree in civil engineering and a minimum of eight years of suitable experience in engineering design and supervision, including road works or project implementation.
The duration of the assignment is expected to be for a period of 30 months.
MTW now invites interested eligible individual consultants to submit Expressions of Interest for the provision of these consultancy services.
Consultants shall be eligible to participate if:
- The persons are citizens or bona fide residents of an eligible country; and
- In all cases, the consultant has no arrangement and undertakes not to make any arrangements, whereby any substantial part of the net profits or other tangible benefits of the contract will accrue or be paid to a person not a citizen or bona fide resident of an eligible country.
Eligible countries are member countries of CDB In the assessment of submissions, consideration will be given to technical competence, qualifications and experience, local and regional experience on similar assignments, and existing commitments. All information must be submitted in English. Further information may be obtained from the first address below between 0800 and 1600 hours Monday to Friday.
Four (4) hard copies of the Expressions of Interest must be received at the first address below no later than 1400 hours on Thursday, June 27, 2013 and one hard copy must be sent simultaneously to CDB at the second address below. The sealed envelope containing each submission should include the name and address of the applicant and shall be clearly marked “Expression of Interest – Consultancy Services for the Position of Project Engineer”.
Following the assessment of submissions, the most technically capable and appropriately experienced applicant will be invited to negotiate a contract to provide the consultancy services. GOCD reserves the right to accept or reject late applications or to cancel the present invitation partially or in its entirety. It will not be bound to assign any reason for not considering any applicant and will not defray any costs incurred by any applicant in the preparation and submission of Expressions of Interest.
Ministry of Transport and Works
ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
Caribbean Development Bank
P. O. Box 408
Wildey, St. Michael BB11000
BARBADOS, W. I.
Fax: (246) 426-7269